Portfolio

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Black eye makeup

This week I became obsessed with learning special effects makeup. I'm impulsive, remember? I've never tried it until now, and as there's a first for everything, this was my first.
  I used random around-the-house products and regular makeup to do it and am quite proud of the results. Now that I've practiced, I'm going to invest in quality theater/SE makeup for a better second round.

I didn't have any matte eye shadows in the colors I needed so I used lipsticks, eye liner, face paint (super cheap brand), and tinted moisturizer.

Check out the fun I had!!

I used Maybelline gel eyeliner in blackest black here. Then I realized the first layer
should have been a yellow, bruises aren't black. Silly me.

So I softened it with Covergirl lipstick in Smitten

more blending

You can tell I'm thrilled, right?

Using a cheap face paint brand, I mixed red and blue to get a deep purple

Even more blending. Then I added in a light pink lipstick.


Can anyone guess what I did here? That's right, MO blending.

And my attempt at an "I don't feel good" face.

All in all, it was a great first time. I looked at a picture for reference but wasn't able to watch a tutorial because youtube wasn't working. I learned a lot and can't wait to try it again...Next time with matte eyeshadows so it won't be shiny and I especially need to get a yellow.

Next post I'll be showing a gruesome gash I did on my arm!!! Don't miss it. Even though it's my first time for that (and I didn't have super quality products), it turned out pretty wicked awesome.

Until next time,

Molls

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got such a talent:) So glad you're enjoying branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CJ! Yeah the special effects makeup is way more fun than ever I realized :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so good, it looks so real!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna hug you and take you to a battered women's shelter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Emma!

    Sarah-Aww that's sweet. THANKFULLY that's not the case :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your own risk. Kidding! I love hearing from readers. Comment away!