Portfolio

Monday, November 14, 2011

Makeup Party Night

Makeup Night was a smashing success!!! I had friends over and created different looks on them and taught some of the makeup knowledge I've accumulated.

I want you ladies who attended to know that I learned SO much from you as well!! Because we are all made INcredibly unique it's a learning experience for me to apply makeup on faces other than my own. It's easy to get in a routine with my face, but when I'm applying on someone else, my eyes are opened (is that a pun? :) to new things. So THANK YOU. (I possibly had more fun than anyone because filling my apartment with girls and talking/applying makeup is HEAVEN).

We took some shots and hilariously (NOT) my camera hates the lights in my apartment so they are a TAD yellow. Until I am blessed with a higher quality camera, I'll be thankful for the one I own.

Here ya go!

I stole Mallory's pictures of herself from Facebook (shhhh don't tell) because I can't find my pictures of her :P She asked for a cat eye look so I did that plus a bold, pink lip and she looks gorgeous, no? (That's because she is).




Bri wanted a dramatic look so I put deep brown and gold on her eyes
then played up her beautifully FULL lips with my favorite lip color of the
moment NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo












I love this look on you Bri :)



I was blessed to meet Miss Hilary just that night and she
was SO patient with me because I asked to take a million
pictures. It's not my fault the camera was being dumb!
So thank you Hilary :)

Hilary wanted a cat eye look as well and I think this
looks SO SO SO good on her. Some people just
have the right eyes for it you know?



Hilary, in case you're wondering why your pictures are in B/W, every picture I took of you had you looking  yellower than Big Bird.  

I caught her sleeping! :)

Kelly didn't ask for anything specific so I decided to do
light aubergine on her eyes. She doesn't generally go
beyond mascara so I didn't want to overwhelm her





I think these colors look gorgeous on you, roomie. You so pretty.


My other roommate, Ashley, gave me free reign of her face so I did a 
recreation of this look below from a brand I love, Illamasqua.  
The camera yellowed out the brilliance of the color on Ashley but it was pretty exact :)


















































Ashley thought this was a bit scary but I like runway-esque makeup 
and I think she looks gorgeous.  

I had a fabulous time! Can't wait for the next party :)

Molls

2 comments:

  1. I am RSVPing for the next party. :P These looks are quite fun, thanks for sharing.
    ALSO, you make me wanna wear lipstip BUT I have never done it much so anytime I put some on it seems like too much. How does a gal pick good shades and how do you know when the color is too much or not enough????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah it would be loads of fun if you come!!
    I believe the biggest "secret" or w/e you want to call it
    to wearing lipstick or any makeup/fashion look is CONFIDENCE.
    Beyond that I try to open a lipstick at the store and hold the color close to my face, and look in a mirror. If it brightens my face or just looks good, I go for it. So that's my best advice. Just wear it girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your own risk. Kidding! I love hearing from readers. Comment away!