Portfolio

Monday, January 28, 2013

How To Brighten Your Eyes With Makeup

Most of us line our eyes with dark liner to emphasize or deepen our lash line. Have you ever thought about using a highlighter to emphasize your actual eye? Dark colors recede on your face (think face contouring) and bright or light colors come forward. So if you want to draw your eyes out and make your eye color pop, this is an awesome trick. Especially in the day time because it's easy and not over the top.  <scroll down to see how I did it>

a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eyeshadow, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial









































a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial











































  I brushed on a very light shadow all over my lid, then used my Hard Candy Eye Def Metallic Shadow and swept it across my top lash line. There are many options to use-eye shadow works really well especially if you wet it first. A metallic, bronze, or blush pink are great but also use your eye color as a guide when choosing which color for best eye optimization [I just made that term up on the spot. Is it weird?].


a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial

a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial













































a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial

a style of your own blog, mollie booth parks, red lip, makeup, how to brighten eyes, gold eye liner, makeup tutorial













































Is this something you've tried before or would like to try? Let me know how it goes!

Mollie

4 comments:

  1. This look is really nice and fresh, will definitely be trying it out!
    Annie-Lou XO
    www.inthebigoldworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You are stunning!
    2. Do you have any pictures of the back of your hair? It looks so cool!

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! This is really gorgeous :-) And I adore your expressive sweet face! So lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the back of my hair because I threw it up in a clip to take those shots. (And I can't have photos taken of my hair with a clip in it. PHEW! :)

    Colleen-Thanks! I'm told I have an expressive face so I figured to "be myself" on the blog I would just let it out. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your own risk. Kidding! I love hearing from readers. Comment away!